How to Transfer of Car Ownership on NTSA TIMS system
Transfer of Car Ownership
NOTE: Must be registered and logged-in to the Tims system, if not see How to register
The Seller Procedure – Transfer of Vehicle Ownership
- Click on the Vehicle Registration button then, “Apply for Transfer of Ownership” to access the Transfer menu.
- Select the “Create New” button and enter the registration number of the vehicle you want to transfer.
- Click view to see the particulars of the vehicle and then upload a scanned copy of the logbook.
- Under “New Vehicle Owner”, select the individual/non-Individual/financier and then enter the Buyer’s detail.
- For Individuals, enter the National/Alien ID and PIN, while for company/financial institution enter PIN and click on the Add Button.
- Go to Security Verification, select mobile phone and click “Send verification code”.
- Enter the Verification code sent to your number and check the “Disclaimer” displayed.
Buyer’s Procedure- Acceptance/Decline of Ownership
Once the Seller submits his/her request, the Buyer will receive an SMS notification to accept the vehicle transferred. The Buyer, therefore, needs to log into his NTSA TIMS account to either Accepts or decline the transfer.
- Click on the ACCEPT OWNERSHIP button and enter the registration number then click on inquire followed by the view button to see the vehicle’s particulars.
- Under security verification menu, select the verification mode as mobile and click the send button to the buyer’s phone.
- Enter the Verification code received in the field provided choose either to accept or decline the transfer
- If you ACCEPT, proceed to fill out all the details required, the click on the submit button for the information to be sent to NTSA for processing and issuance of a logbook within seven(7) working Days.
NOTE: NTSA will process your logbook in fourteen working days and you need to surrender the old logbook while collecting the new one.